This is an exciting time of year for us in Savannah as the weather warms up and our buyers and sellers enter the market. Today’s topic will actually be more focused on our buyer’s side. We have a lot of questions coming in, especially from first time home buyers. We’re going to briefly list some things that first time buyers can do to prepare to buy a home.
- Contact a Lender: You need to have an idea of what kind of home you will be able to buy so that we can narrow your search options and find you the best available home. We can refer you to a lender to start your home search. Your lender will let you know what you qualify for and how you can prepare to buy a home.
- Lenders can also give you an idea about what your monthly payments would be and what price point you would then fall under so you don’t waste time looking at properties that you cannot afford.
- Make a Wish List: After talking to a lender, sit down and make wish list of what you would like to see in your next home. Highlight on that list the things that are ‘must-haves’ such as a good school district or a large backyard. The more you can narrow down what you want in a home, the easier it is for us to find what you want. Keep in mind that some of these ‘must-haves’ can be added on to your property after a purchase, like a fence or a shed, for example.
- Get a Realtor: You want to make sure you’re partnering with someone that you can trust and someone that will be looking out for your best interests. There is no cost associated with having a buyer’s agent, because those costs are included in the seller’s expenses. The buyers agent will be working in your favor, and will help to find you the right home at the right price.
- Start Looking: After you have completed these steps, you can then begin to start looking for a suitable home. Your agent can search the MLS for the features that you want in your home and you can get signed up to be notified when a suitable property becomes available on the MLS. Always refer to your agent for any questions about homes you’re looking to buy. If you’re looking to buy a home, please contact us and we would be glad to aid you in your home search. We have all the best systems in place to find you the best homes at the best available prices. We are here to serve all of your Savannah real estate needs.
Feel free to contact us by calling (912) 272-3463 or email us at ChristinainSavannah@gmail.com